Whistler’s Longest Standing Celebration
Created in 1969, the Whistler Citizen of the Year Award keeps outstanding community builders front of mind. Whistler Community Foundation is honoured with the task of selecting the annual recipient of this prestigious award.
The Whistler Citizen of the Year is an outstanding community builder who contributes significant volunteer time to enhancing the quality of life in Whistler. This individual demonstrates extraordinary leadership and community service outside of employment. Well-respected in the community, they inspire others with their caring and positive attitude and spirit of cooperation.
Nominate the next Citizen of the Year!
Nominations for the 2020 Whistler Citizen of the Year Award are now closed. Stay tuned for updates on our nominees.
Join the Whistler Community Foundation and Whistler Chamber at the Whistler Excellence Awards Presented by Blue Shore Financial on April 27, 2020.
The 2020 Whistler Citizen of the Year Award is presented by Race & Company LLP.
An eligible candidate
- is an individual – couples must be submitted as two individual nominees
- may live outside of Whistler, however each candidate will be reviewed solely on their volunteer contributions to the Whistler community
- may be of any age
- is recognized for their volunteer contributions
- volunteers their time, outside of the realm of their employment, in one or more activities or with one or more community organizations
- demonstrates a positive attitude
- works respectfully with others in the spirit of cooperation
- is an exemplary leader who displays honesty and integrity
- has made a lasting impact on a variety of community members or aspects of community life
- continuously inspires others to give to the community
The Whistler Citizen of the Year award is presented at the Whistler Excellence Awards (TBA).