Community Foundation of Whistler Seeks Executive Director
The Community Foundation of Whistler is a charitable organization that enhances the quality of life in Whistler and the Sea to Sky Corridor by supporting and promoting fund development, grant-making and community leadership.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors and operating on a part time basis, the Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day administration and management of the activities of the Community Foundation of Whistler (the Foundation).
General Responsibilities and Leadership
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will:
- Support the organization in implementing its stated vision, strategic plan and to communicate these efforts throughout the Foundation, its ambassadors and its community
- Work with the board in the development and review of Board policies, guidelines and strategic initiatives to improve operations and to maximize positive impact in the community
- Establish and maintain communication with the Community Foundations of Canada network provincially and nationally
- Implement CFOW policies and strategies
- Oversee day-to-day operations and financial management
- Ensure effective delivery of all CFOW programs and efficient use of its resources
- Raise community awareness of the CFOW’s goals and objectives
- Co-ordinate and implement Board fund development strategies to increase the capital funds of the CFOW
- With the Board, build community awareness of the goals and objectives of the CFOW
- Act as the CFOW representative with the general public, current and prospective donors, fund holders, grant applicants and recipients, community agencies, local governments and community stakeholders
- Manage CFOW database using Foundation Information Management System (FIMS)
- Coordinate monthly bookkeeping tasks ensuring that investment income and associated asset rebalancing is completed in a timely and accurate manner
Education and Skills
The Executive Director will have a post-secondary education or equivalent and strong administrative, financial and marketing skills. He/she will be able to effectively communicate within the organization and with numerous external stakeholder groups.
Please submit expressions of interest to email@example.com by 5 p.m., April 5th, 2019.