Whistler Citizen of the Year
Created in 1969, the Citizen of the Year Award is Whistler’s longest standing celebration. The Community Foundation of Whistler is honoured with the task of selecting the annual recipient of this prestigious award.
The Whistler Citizen of the Year is an outstanding community member who contributes significant volunteer time to enhancing the quality of life in Whistler. This individual demonstrates extraordinary leadership and community service outside of employment. Well-respected in the community, they inspire others with their caring and positive attitude and spirit of cooperation.
Nominate the next Citizen of the Year!
It's up to you Whistler! Nominations for the 2019 Whistler Citizen of the Year Award are open until Sunday Feb 3, 2019.
The 2019 Whistler Citizen of the Year Award is presented by:
An eligible candidate must:
- be an individual- couples must be submitted as two individual nominees
- may reside outside of Whistler but must make their volunteer contributions to the Whistler community
- may be of any age
- be recognized for their volunteer contributions
- volunteer their time, outside of the realm of their employment, in or or more activities or with one or more community organizations
- demonstrate a positive attitude
- work respectfully with others in the spirit of cooperation
- be an exemplary leader who displays honesty and integrity
- have made a lasting impact on a variety of community members or aspects of community life
- continuously inspire others to give to the community
The Whistler Citizen of the Year award is presented at the Whistler Excellence Awards on April 30, 2019.