Community Group Needs Assessment and Asset Mapping
The Community Foundation of Whistler invites local non-profit community groups to participate in a Community Group Needs Assessment and Asset Mapping survey.
- To create a comprehensive map of community groups active in Whistler: who they are and the services they provide to the community.
- To understand the capacity to sustain and grow amongst the non-profit sector in Whistler: goals, strengths, weaknesses and needs.
- To understand how non-profit groups work together in Whistler and to determine interest and opportunities for further sharing and collaboration.
The survey is open from November 8- December 5, 2016
Asset Mapping collects and analyzes information about the strengths and resources of a community. The information mapped can aid in uncovering solutions.
Asset mapping is based on the idea that once community strengths and resources are identified, you can start to think about how to build on these assets to address community needs and improve the wellbeing of the community as a whole.
This survey will be used:
- to better help the Community Foundation of Whistler understand how it can assist local non-profits and support collaboration in the sector
- to increase community members' understanding of how they can contribute to community assets
- to identify opportunities for non-profits to work together
This survey has been developed and funded by the Community Foundation of Whistler with additional financial support provided by the Resort Municipality of Whistler.