Give a Gift to the Community Fund this Holiday Season
Still mulling over your year-end charitable donations?
Consider a gift to the Community Fund. With this giving option you are supporting a broad range of groups and turning your donation into a gift that gives back forever to your community.
Community needs change over time. The Community Fund is a flexible fund that supports a broad range of local needs, including future needs that can’t be anticipated now.
Your gift is placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings are used to make annual grants addressing community needs.
The Community Grants program has supported many local groups including Whistler Multicultural Network, Zero Ceiling Society, Whistler Adaptive Sports, Whistler Off Road Cycling Association, Whistler Community Services, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Whistler Valley Quilters Guild, Whistler Sailing Association.
Here’s what the fund has done lately right here in Whistler:
- Individuals with spinal cord injuries had the opportunity to participate in activities they never thought possible such as paddle boarding.
- Community members gathered on Monday nights to bike with trained guides who promote safety, environmental conservation, promote recreation and foster a sense of belonging for all
- Local families have an affordable home away from home at the Easter Seals house when a child is hospitalized at BC Children’s Hospital.
- Individuals and families, many of them newcomers, gather to cook together, share their various cultures and make connections at the Multicultural Community Kitchen.
- Local children and youth with disabilities can accessed full day adaptive sports camps on Professional Development days
- At-risk youth receive life coaching from a mentor who used themed Mountain Biking Sessions to deliver lessons for coping with life’s challenges
Turn your gift into a permanent source of community capital that gives back to the community forever.